A member of the National Dance Council CID (UNESCO) and is creating and performing across the world, most recently working as the international coordinator and resident choreographer for So You Think You Can Dance Vietnam, bringing continents together through the language of dance. Hani’s first professional steps were in performing, with credits including dancing for world-renowned artists such as Patti LaBelle, Chaka Khan, Kelly Clarkson, Adele, Feist, Shawn Desman, Cascada, Jully Black and Florence & The Machine.
Most recently he was based in Los Angeles, where his career led him to work with the leading talents of our generation including Travis Wall, Mia Michaels, Mandy Moore, Sonya Tayeh, Noemie Lafrance and Luther Brown.
Notable projects are Cirque Du Soleil, MTV Video Music Awards and American Music awards as a performer and So You Think Can Dance Canada as a contestant.
He teaches master classes around the USA, Canada, Dubai, Vietnam and other international locations, sharing his experience and knowledge in the art of dance.
- Mamma Mia – west end theatre, Vancouver & Aquarius theatre, Hamilton
- Beauty and the Beast – Neptune theatre – Halifax
- Associate choreographer for the production “colour your world” at hillside beach club turkey – Istanbul
- Artistic director and choreographer “Tdc entertainment” corporate, film and live shows
- Pan am opening ceremonies “cirque du soleil” choreographer Luther brown
- Pan am closing ceremonies / para pan am opening ceremonies – under the direction of Paul becker and choreographer Jeff Dimitriou
- Dancing for International Artist PSY, Deborah Cox, Kreesha Turner, Fefe Dobson, Aleesia and Classified just to name a few.
- Breakfast Television
- Toronto International Film Festival
- Actor on the T.V hit show Party Mama’s Season 4 on slice network
- “Threads” a short film
- Cineplex commercials
- Tim Horton’s Web Commercials.
“with hard work and determination you can conquer anything in life.”
September 2018 – Ryerson University in their BFA Dance Program
- ONCE the musical- Mirvish Productions, Toronto
- BELLE STARR county folk group
- HUNTER AND DOE folk duo https://youtu.be/tA1Ehu7fI-U
- TAP SOLOIST in “Gotta Dance” National Arts Centre Symphony Orchestra
- One of Canada’s top violinists featured in “Bowfire”.
- “42nd Street” BROADWAY National tour USA
- Celtic review “Needfire” Mirvish Productions Toronto
- “Anne of Green Gables/ Canada Rocks”, Charlottetown festival , PEI
- Top Female tap dancer World Tap Championships, Germany
- “Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra” featured tap soloist, Milwaukee Symphony Ottawa
- Currently lead choreographer on the international audition tour headed by Tokyo Disney Resort.
- Global Casting Team, Tokyo Disney Resort (2016)
- Lead Choreographer: “BIG BAND BEAT RENEWAL!”, Tokyo Disney Resort (2016)
- Choreographer/Dance Captain: “Big Band Beat”, Tokyo Disney Resort (2006-2016)
- Performer: “Encore”, Tokyo Disney Resort (2004-2006)
September 2016 – Ryerson University in their BFA Dance Program
Fall for Dance 2017
- Currently playing Tommy DeVito in the touring production of ‘Jersey Boys’
- Performed as the lead role of ‘Bert’ on ‘Dancing With The Stars 200th Show’ as the cast of “Mary Poppins” performed “Step In Time!”
- “Wicked” lead role of Fiyero, sit down production in San Francisco
- “Mary Poppins” Swing Broadway, NY
- “Wicked” lead understudy, touring USA
Born in Ottawa, Etienne started dancing at the age of 8 in Barrie, Ontario. After his last competitive season with GLS in 2013, he decided to join l’École supérieure de ballet du Québec’s professional ballet program, which he graduated from in 2017. As a student, he had the opportunity to rehearse and perform in works with les Grands ballets canadiens as a member of the Corps de ballet (Romeo & Juliet by Jean-Christophe Maillot, Nutcracker by Fernand Nault and Death and the Maidden by Stephan Thoss). As a choreographer and performer, he had the chance to work with singer/songwriter Ariane Moffatt, aswell as Montreal’s Symphony Orchestra in his very own version of Stravinsky’s The Soldier’s Tale, under the artistic direction of Kent Nagano.
In 2018, besides taking part in many freelance projects, Etienne was invited to perform as a guest in Ballet Kelowna’s production of A Street Car Named Desire, choreographed by John Alleyne (Kelowna, BC). Only a few months later, in August, he went on to join the Mainfranken Theater Würzburg in Germany to work as a full-time company member under the artistic direction of Dominique Dumais and Kevin O’Day.
- Graduate of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School Professional Division and Aspirant Program
- Dancer: Twyla Tharps the Princess and The Goblin, 2012
- Choreographer: Royal Winnipeg Ballet School and Aspirant Program, 2014-ongoing
- Springboard Danse Montréal 2014 Alumni
- Choreographer: David Suzuki Blue Dot Tour, 2014
- Choreographer of Text Me: Winnipeg Fringe Festival, in collaboration with Beyond Borders ECPAT Canada, 2015
- Choreographer: The National Ballet School of Canada’s Museum Suites, in the Gardiner Museum of Ceramics, Toronto, 2015
- Dancer: QDance, 2016
- Choreographer: Royal Winnipeg Ballet Company, for SESQUI’s 360 film in celebration of Canada’s 150th Anniversary, 2016
Royal Shakespeare Company 2013 – 2014, 2015 – 2016
Wendy and Peter Pan (Royal Shakespeare Company/Dance Captain), 2016 Olivier nominated Peter Pan (Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre/Movement Captain), 2015 Olivier nominated The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess (Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre/Dance Captain);
Violetta’s Last Tango (Arts Depot); Mother Goose (Hackney Empire); The Lion King (Lyceum Theatre/Original Toronto Cast/Dance Supervisor); Zumanity (Cirque du Soleil, Las Vegas); Olivier Awards -Dance Captain 2012, 2015 (Royal Opera House); Royal Variety Performance (London Palladium); West Side Story (Stratford Festival, Canada)
Sunday Night at the Palladium (ITV), Never Mind the Buzzcocks (BBC), Nokia ‘Asha’ Commercial, Katie Melua The Flood (Music Video), Zack Knight Smoke and Mirrors (Music Video), Ultimate Looney Toons (ITV); Swiss TV Awards 2015; Trumpet Awards: Live from Caesar’s Palace (Las Vegas); Logo TV Feature (Logo Network, USA)
Other Work Includes:
The Scottsboro Boys (Young Vic, West End Promotion); Vanity Fair Magazine (LG ‘L’ series campaign, UK/Italy); Betway (World Cup 2014 Campaign); Soul Inspired (Tavaziva Dance Company, UK Tour)
September 2017 – Ryerson University in their BFA Dance Program.
Nicholas is now working on his second touring contract with Celebrity Cruises sailing across Europe and Asia as a dancer and aerialist. He was just appointed as Dance Captain of his cast. Nicholas has also had the amazing opportunity to dance for some of the worlds finest EDM musicians and DJ’s such as; Diplo, Armin Van Buuren, Carl Cox, and Knife Party. Nicholas has so many people to thank for his success, especially those who have influenced him at GLS his whole life and career.
- A Chorus Line Stratford Festival
- As You Like It Stratford Festival
- The Sound Of Music Stratford Festival
- Carousel Stratford Festival
- White Christmas Drayton Entertainment
- South Pacific Drayton Entertainment
- Chicago Stage west Calgary
- Cats Theatre Calgary
- We Will Rock You Mirvish
- Chicago Casino de Paris
- Freelance dancer, teacher, and management consultant for the arts based in New York, NY.
- Holds a BFA in Contemporary Dance from The Boston Conservatory
- Director of Communications for JUNTOS Collective, an organization that encourages cultural exchange through dance and travel to Central America.
- Dancer, teacher, choreographer and performer for JUNTOS Collective
- Certified Zumba Instructor
- Produces works with DANCE NOW NYC
- Associate consultant with MORE CANVAS Consulting.
- Social Media Strategist for Doppelganger Dance Collective
- Dance teacher in all disciplines for Liberate Artists.
Jacques Monfiston started dancing at the age of 7. He fell in love with the sport the day he stepped into a dance class at the Ottawa Dance Academy under the direction of Deborah Lamothe. After attending Ottawa University for 3 years and taking a long break from dance of over 10, he decided to train again at the age of 25 at Greta Leeming Studio of Dance. One of his many highlights has been to represent Canada at the World Dance Championships and bringing back home the gold medal.
He adjudicated regional competitions for the Canadian National Dance Championships and was the 1st Canadian judge at the 2001 World Jazz Dance Competition and also adjudicated the 2002 World Tap Dance and Show Dance Championships in Germany. Jacques was also the tap adjudicator at the Manitoba Dance Festival in 2008. Jacques continues to improve his talent by being on scholarship to two leading Performing Arts Training Centers. He has taken numerous dance classes at Edge Performing Arts Center, Broadway Dance Center, Steps and also has worked with some of L.A. and New York City’s top choreographers. Jacques’ professional work includes traveling the world as an entertainer with Norwegian Cruise Lines and Costa Crociere Inc. Jacques was also part of the inaugural dance company Helix Dance Project in Toronto under the direction of Linda Garneau. He was also in numerous commercials, industrials such as Bell Mobility, Coca Cola and Radio Shack to name a few. Jacques was also in South Africa where he conducted workshops and choreographed numerous dance routines for various dance institutions. Jacques also teaches, conducts workshops and does competitive choreography for studios worldwide. Jacques made Tokyo, Japan his home for over 2 years working for Walt Disney at the Broadway Music Theatre. He was also in musicals/plays such as My Fair Lady, Cats, Cyrano De Bergerac, Annie, Guys And Dolls, Dance Legends, Chicago, Anything Goes and the smash hit West Side Story at the Stratford Festival Theatre. Jacques was recently in Germany, Poland, China and Japan where again he was the 2009 Canadian Judge at the World Tap, Modern and Jazz Dance Championships. He also conducted workshops, did some choreo and a bit of modeling during his travels in Europe and Asia. Jacques was also a featured dancer and the assistant-choreographer in the smash hit show Dance Legends. Jacques also co-directed A Chorus Line with Faye Rauw for the Toronto Theatre Company and was selected by the Toronto District School Board to be a Dance Mentor for a project called Dare To Dance. He has also worked with the Canadian Opera Company in a show called Nixon In China. Jacques is also the 4 time gold award winner Team Canada National Choreographer. Jacques is the proud owner of Five Star Dance Company where he provides performance opportunities to dancers and cultural experiences abroad. On top of his busy schedule, he continues to teach at numerous dance studios, schools and conventions around the world.
LIVE LOVE DANCE… www.jacquesmonfiston.com
- Crazy For You, Stratford Festival
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Stratford Festival
- Antigonick (Workshop), Stratford Festival
- Killer Business: The Musical at The Next Stage Theatre Festival, Toronto
- Dance Legends, London, Ontario
- Crazy For You, Barrie, Ontario
- Chicago: The Musical, Inaugural Cast on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
- NBA Raptors Dance Pak Member, Toronto
- The Next Step, Temple Dance II Productions (TV Series)
- Zombie Apocolypse – Heart & Stroke P.S.A. (Web-Video), Stunt Double
- TSN – NBA Promotional Video, TSN
- Pinty’s Chicken Wings – Commercial
- Featured Dancer – Royal Caribbean Cruiselines
September 2016 – Ryerson University in their BFA Dance Program.
- “War for the Planet of the Apes” Stunt Ape (2017)
- “Xmen: Apocalypse” Stunt Dbl for Rose Byrne ‘Moira McTaggart’
- “Fear the Walking Dead” Stunt Actor
- “Wayward Pines” Stunt Dbl for Rochelle Okoye ‘Margaret’
- “Arrow” Stunt Dbl for Rila Fukushima ‘Katana’
- “Legends of Tomorrow” Stunt Dbl for Faye Kingslee ‘Pilgrim’
- “Xmen: Days of Future Past” Stunt Dbl for Bing Bing Fan ‘Blink’
- “Mirror Mirror” Dancer
- “Turn the Beat Around” Dancer
- “Save the Last Dance 2” Dancer
- “Pirates of Penzance” Assistant Choreographer, Stratford Festival
- “West Side Story” Vancouver Opera
- “Guys & Dolls” NAC, Ottawa
- “Dance Legends” Original Cast, Dance Captain
- “Dirty Dancing” Original North American Cast, Resident Choreographer, Dance Captain, Swing
- “i think i can” Originated the role of ‘Faraday’ LKYP, Toronto & NAC, Ottawa
- “Jesus Christ Superstar” Calgary, AB
- “Anne of Green Gables” Toronto, ON
- “Guys & Dolls” Stratford Festival
- “Anything Goes” Swing, Stratford Festival
- “The King & I” the role of Topsy, Stratford Festival
September 2015 – Purchase College State University of New York in their BFA dance program.
August 2019 – Apprentice at Les Ballets Jazz de Montreal
Ericka Yang (Hunter)
- American Psycho
- Doctor Zhivago
- Rock Of Ages
- Flower Drum Song
TV / Film
- Smash (NBC)
- Mozart In The Jungle (Amazon)
- Late Night with Stephen Colbert (CBS)
- Best Time Ever hosted by Neil Patrick Harris (NBC)
- Rescue Me (FX)
- The Today Show (NBC)
- The View (ABC)
- The Tony Awards (CBS)
- The Grammy Awards with Shakira (CBS)
- Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards with Justin Timberlake (Nickelodeon)